Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas 2009

I have been a slacker on my blog lately. I just got some digital scrapbooking software and have been scrapbooking like crazy. I am hoping to get some books done by next Christmas to give to the kids. Here is some pictures from our ward Christmas party where Santa came.

Lindee is not so sure about Santa this year.

The kids had 2 full weeks off of school for winter break. We weren't going to go anywhere because we thought that our dog was going to have puppies (but she didn't take) so we decided to head to Wikieup! We had Christmas dinner with Ryan's brothers family on Sunday. Then we made Christmas suger cookies on Monday to decorate later.
We didn't want to bring all of our presents to Arizona so we decided to have Christmas eve on the 22nd. So we read the Christmas story and the kids got to open their 1 christmas presents and surprise it was new PJ's.
Then we got up on the 23rd and got to open presents from each other. We put in a call to Santa to let him know that we would be in Arizona for Christmas day and not to forget us.
We divide out all the gifts from each other and then they have to open them one at a time from youngest to oldest. Here the kids are waiting to open.Lindee wasn't quite sure about the gift thing but by the end she had it all figured out.

Thanks Grandma Ussing for the portable DVD players. They will really come in handy!
We packed everything up that evening and headed to Arizona early the next morning. We left Utah at -9 degress and 5 inches of snow and arrived in Wikieup at 50 degrees. It was wonderful.

3 comments:

Courtney Waters said...

Your kids are getting so big! My grandma made us some slippers that looked like that when I was younger. They are so cool! I just love Lindee's pig tales in that picture with santa! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog with nice picture of enjoying the Christmas and great time opening the gifts. Your blog looks cool :) Have a great New Year :) Ihampers.co.uk

Walker family said...

I love your stocking board and the slippers! I can't believe how big the kids are getting....it has been way to long since we have seen you. Your hair is getting really long too.