Since we bought a house with no yard we have been spending the last 4 months putting it in. It has been quite a project. All I have to say is that I will never buy a house that doesn't have a yard and sprinkler system in it again. It is so much work! I thought we could put it in in about 2 weeks but their is always something that needs to be done. We still don't have a fence or the flower beds in yet. Oh well, this fall or next spring. We are just happy with the grass.

Of course the day that we rented the machine to spread all the soil it snowed. We only had it for 24 hours so we spread it anyway in the snow!

Here is the little green fuzz starting to grow. We had so much rain that we ended up with a canyon down our yard. But at least it was kept really wet even if some of it did wash away.

Finally the finished product! It still needs to get thicker and fill in, but we have grass. I don't know if it was worth giving up going to Hawaii but I sure am glad that we have grass to play on.

Grass in the back yard with our rabbit hutch, chicken coop, and our garden. We dug holes to put our vine plants in thanks to the help of Jill, Dan and my parents. IT was a huge debate on how much grass we should plant in the back yard because Ryan wanted a huge garden. But we finally compromised and we both got what we wanted.
1 comment:
Looks like a ton of yard work. It looks great. Your family is sure growing fast!
Post a Comment