Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sleepless nights

Well, it all began last Wednesday when we were out at the garden. While we were gone Penny (our miniature schnauzer) got into the garbage. We had had BBQed chicken wings and corn on the cob. She ate all the bones and packed some of the cobs off. Well, we come home and she gets in huge trouble. The next morning Lindee wakes up with 3 welts on her arm and her eye is a little puffy so I spray benadryl on her arm and we continue throughout our day. I put her down for her nap and when she wakes up her eye is swelled shut. Luckily the kids had just gotten home from school so we head into Tooele to see the doctor. They don't really know what it is so they start her on antibiotics and away we go. Her eye looks really bad and the only thing we can think is that she got bit by something out at the garden. She has a few rough nights and ends up playing for part of the nights because she is uncomfortable. I have to admit I fell asleep some of time she was playing and so did Ryan (we tried to do shifts) and sometimes when we woke up she would be upstairs doing who knows what. On Saturday morning the toilet overflows and Ryan tried to snake it but no luck so we decide to just call the housing maintenance on Monday. Meanwhile, by Sunday, with the help of benadryl, Lindee's eye finally goes back down so she looks like we haven't been beating her. I didn't get around to calling housing on Monday so finally today I do. He comes and tried to snake it and no luck. So he takes the toilet off and reaches down into the pipes and comes up with 2 cobs of corn! Kind of embarrassing, but now we know some of the things that Lindee was up to on her sleepless night! :)
Here she is with her puffy eye. It got a little bit bigger on Saturday before it started going down. But she is such a happy girl even with a sorry looking eye!

1 comment:

Escujuri Family said...

That is sooooo funny! (the corn on the cob in the toilet thing... not Lindees eye. Poor girl!)